Monday, October 1, 2012

No Fun For You, Missy!!

How do I explain this one? Well, how about I just start at the beginning.

Last Wednesday, I was sitting in the library. My morning classes were over, and I was just waiting for my evening class. I was writing a paper, and was just about to start on my speech that was due. I'm 16 weeks pregnant, so when I gotta go pee, I gotta go NOW. Well, that feeling hit. I went to the bathroom and I saw the most horrifying thing a pregnant woman will ever see during her pregnancy...

Blood...
A lot of it...

I almost immediately started crying. I called Trey, who was at work. I told him. He said, "Okay, let me wrap this up and I'll be there."
I started walking back to the library, and my foot came out from underneath me. I hit the ground, so of course at this point I'm crying. I walked back into the library with tears running down my face to get all my stuff packed up to leave. The librarian noticed the tears and immediately ran up to me and gave me a hug. I told her what was going on and she let me sit in a back room out of the middle of the public eye.

Fast forward, Trey shows up. I get to the car. We get to the ER. They do another ultrasound. The technician was going to tell us the sex of the baby (without us having to pay $100), but the feet were in the way so she couldn't get a good view. Butthead Baby. Anyway, after the ultrasound she walked out. About two minutes later, she walked back in WITH THE DOCTOR. Red flags went off. The Doctor never comes in with the technician unless there is something wrong.

We were right. He tells us that there is bleeding around the placenta that looked recent. In other words, that was where the bleeding was coming from.

I knew I wasn't losing my mind. They gave me bed rest until I got in to see Dr. Cooke. They told me to go to his office first thing in the morning and see what they say. When we got there, they did another ultrasound. (This is the third one in a week. I had one the Friday before the incident.)

According to his techs, they couldn't find where the bleeding was or had been coming from. To them, everything looked absolutely normal.

Which is a good thing, right? Well, yes and no. A good thing, because that means there is no more bleeding. A bad thing, because they don't know what caused it, so they don't know if it's going to happen again.

Fun.

He took me off bed rest but gave me two weeks of pelvic rest, which means no sex. WHAT?!

NO. SEX. FOR. TWO. WEEKS.
Are you kidding me?!

Well, if it's for the health of the baby, I guess I can follow that. But that SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment